Friday, June 17, 2011

What's black and blue and sore all over...

...my tummy! Thats right, today's cardiac ultrasound left me pretty bruised thanks to Olga the technician and her scary wand. Actually, she was very nice and explained that as Brynn gets bigger it becomes more difficult to get good images of her heart. And she has been getting bigger! I put on 4lbs last week (although I think that was more from going on vacation with a personal chef)!

We saw the OB yesterday who measured my at 28 centimeters (normal) and clocked Brynn's heart rate at 14o (perfect). Today's cardiac appointment went very well. Tony's parents were kind enough to accompany us in spite of warnings that these appointments can be long and difficult. Olga gave them a brief view of Brynn's face and body. She had one hand up over her eyes drama queen style. :) They weren't able to get great pictures this time but the doctor reported that the ductus has not changed size! It is still small but does not seem to be affecting her growth or putting her in any distress. The doctor reported that due to the fact that Brynn's whole circulatory system is different from other babies there is no way to tell if her brain development has been affected at all until she is born. Many of the babies are fine, however, some do experience delays.

The doctor said they will continue to monitor me every two weeks, alternating with my OB so I will be seen at least once a week for the rest of the pregnancy. I am really relieved that we won't have to wait a long time between visits to get confirmation that Brynn is doing well.

It's hard knowing that they could possibly deliver me any time between now and September but we are hopeful that Brynn will continue to grow and that the ductus will continue to stay open. Please continue to keep us in your prayers...I really think they are working! I know my own faith is strengthened every time we get positive news. Thank you for everyones support through this whole process. It means so much to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment